- Own a diary – A diary can be such an advantage in life. You can organise the balance of your life from work, social and personal. I also write to do lists in mine and highlight when they are complete. This will help you BOSS at life. Make sure all your work jobs are done before you go home, make a note to call someone on a certain date to look efficient. Haven't called your nan in a while? Make a note in your diary to call after work. If you don't do it, you will have to tip ex it out and you will feel guilty; therefore it's in your best interest to stick to it. I also allocated time for myself 7-8:30 – pamper time. Then on my to do list remind myself to buy face masks.
- Me, Myself and I – let me tell you, that the only person you will spend every second and every breath with is yourself. If you are not loving yourself, then you are not slaying at life. You have to make sure the relationship with yourself is healthy. like if you don't spend time with your Boyf, you feel annoyed that your relationship is crap, same kind of thing. If your not allowing time for yourself, then you feel unwanted and unloved. As I said above allocate once a week minimum to wack a face mask on, soak in the bath and read a book.
- Healthy eating – boring alert I know. However, it is scientifically proven that a healthy diet improves energy levels, sleep levels, alert levels and your mental health. Not to mentioned eating healthy can give you better skin, nails and hair. There are also long term befits which can reduce your chances of diabetes, dementia and cancer. It's a no brainer but of course, it's also good to treat yourself now and again. If your going to eat lots of ice cream one evening, make sure you have some fruit and veg in the morning.
- Relationships – This stands for everyone if you are single, dating or in a relationship. Do not revolve your life around finding a boyfriend or based on your relationship. Yes, having a boyfriend is great but it's not always a walk in the park. Sometimes you argue and it may seem like the worst thing in the world, easier said then done but switch your phone off and distract yourself with other aspects of your life. Never carry your baggage into work, leave it at the front door. If your relationship is not your world, then you won't feel like it's falling apart when something goes wrong. This stand for you single or currently dating people, don't make this your focus in life make yourself your focus, your career and what you want to achieve.
- Fitness – oh yes I said it! When we think of fitness, we mainly think of loosing weight! Which is brilliant, and great for your ego. Regular exercise can also help with improving your Stamina, strength, and flexibility. It is also proven to reduce stress, lifts moods and help you sleep better. It is also rumoured to keeping you looking and feeling younger. I used to suffer from Chronic Tension disorder and the doctors told me to excersise, at the time I could not think of anything worse then to work out when I had a throbbing headache but believe me it helps. I feel great working out in the week, helps me to feel fresh and be clear minded.
- No bad vibes – I love when people say this phrase because who needs bad vibes in their life? If your "Friends" make you feel negative, then they are bad vibes and you need to cut the cord. Easier said then done, but it's something That I done last year and I feel much better for it. If you see a negative situation arising, remove yourself from it don't need to get involved. If you feel like going somewhere is dodgy or you don't get the right vibes then don't go. You will feel much more positive in life.
- Ask for help – As much as it's nice to be independent we don't know everything in the world. Not only that, but sometimes our opinions are will come from our personal experiences and emotion. A outside opinion may have other life experiences that can broaden the opinion. There is no harm in asking for advise and as much as we want to show our parents and grandparents that we can do this Adulting life, sometimes they are the wisest people for advice. Speaking to people about your problems, can also give you relief and be beneficial for your mental health.
- Keep learning – We go to school, we go to six form, you may go into university and then our given education stops. Why not learn a open university course online? Why not do a project manager course online? Why not see what your local community hall are teaching. It's important to keep your brain sharp, it can help with your interaction skills and may give you interesting things to discuss. It can also help you progress in your career.
- Eat the frog – this may be my favourite saying! If you have something bad you have to do like make a bad or uncomfortable phone call, or let someone down; the worst thing you can do is to think about it all day and keep putting it off. The saying eat the frog means stop staring at the frog worrying about it, just do it and get it over and done with. Leaving it to later will not help your case and if anything it can make it worse. Most of the time I find that people are understanding and there was no base for my original anxiety.
- Do something different – do something you wouldn't normally do. Try a water sport, go for a long country walk, visit a museum. We find our self saying "I'm boring, I don't really have any hobbies", unless we try New things we won't know what excites us. The internet is your hero, search fun things to do in England and start making your list.
These small tips all add up to give you direction in life, organisational skills and positive mind. They really do make the difference and even if you try one step a week and find only a few of them help, then at least your life has still been improved.
Most importantly be you, because no one can slay the way you do, like you.